For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of All,
To Thee we raise,
This our hymn of thankful praise.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!
David Letterman has his top ten list every night. Today, I offer up my top ten list, too…of things for which I am most grateful.
(In descending order)
10. The smell of roses after the rain.
9. A cup of hot tea in the middle of the afternoon with a piece of quality dark chocolate…a respite from the craziness that life sometimes throws at me.
8. My senses. The ability to taste, touch, hear, smell, and see. Add to that the sixth sense, which man calls intuition, but I call the Holy Spirit.
7. My ability to think and reason…..a brain is a marvelous thing!
6. The universe….from the vegetation and oceans of earth to the brightness of the sun to the twinkling stars millions of miles away…the universe is awesome beyond comprehension.
5. My house…a roof over my head, complete with air conditioning for the hot summers of Houston and heat for a cold day in winter, and all of the other comforts that make a house, well, comfortable.
4. My country and the freedom which I was born into and the many people, living and dead, who have made that possible.
3. Friends…my true friends are not plentiful, but they are priceless.
2. Family…my husband who completes me, my daughter who was, and still is, an incredible gift, my son-in-law who is the son I couldn’t have, and two delightful, intelligent and beautiful granddaughters who make me laugh with pure joy.
1. GOD, Who in HIS grace and love through HIS Son Jesus, the Christ, gave me physical life and life eternal, Who put the pieces together, and continues to have a grand design for my life.
That’s my list; what’s yours?
If someone believes God, trusts His goodness and knows he or she is personally loved by God, they cannot help but be thankful. If you are not thankful, perhaps it is because you have stopped trusting God. Thankfulness is the language of faith. Francis Frangipane